It’s Summer Time!

It’s officially summer and there is nothing like Memorial Day weekend to kick it off.  Kelly made her first trip to St. Louis and it was a busy one.  On Friday night we went to Zia’s on the Hill for real Italian food and Milo’s to watch some Bocce and drinks. 

venice cafeLater we met up with Tom and some of his friends at Venice Cafe.  Venice Cafe is a trip, there was every Happy Meal toy nailed to the pillars and bottle caps everywhere.  I’m pretty sure that they people who own it are hippies trying to keep the 60s alive.  Definitely going back ASAP!

Saturday felt like we were in the car most of the day.  We did start out at the Tower Grove Farmers Market, based on a suggestion by Kristin.  I will be going back to try out free yoga in the park.  But we had some sweet crepes under the trees and did a little shopping before heading to Forest Park.  The Zoo parking lots were full, and the walk was going to be a long one so we drove around the park and took in the sites of Forest Park by car.  Then headed down to the Arch. 

kelly & i at archThe line to go up to the top was too long so we walked the museum and the Arch grounds.  Saturday night we went back downtown to Lumiere Casino so Kelly could try her luck at the craps table.  I just sat back and watched.  Way too much going to to even try to figure out that game.  We missed seeing Pat Green but that’s ok, we went to Rib America 2009 and saw Bret Michaels for $5!!!!   The concert was great!bret michaels

Sunday, we finally made it to the zoo!  It was packed but we walked the whole thing!  After the zoo we headed back to the Arch and rode to the top and checked out the view.  After the Arch we stopped by Ted Drews for some much needed Frozen Custard.  After a little relaxing we headed to the Central West End for sushi dinner at Drunken Fish, so far the best sushi I’ve ever eaten!  Then we bar hopped in the CWE, Sub Zero, where we met the owner and got a couple free drinks, Llywelyn’s Pub and Bar Louie.


On Monday we drove around Kirkwood, Webster Groves, and the Central West End trying to find fun little shops that would be open but since it was Memorial Day they were all closed.  We then headed to Crown Candy, it was closed…at least I now have more spots to go for Kelly’s next visit.  We settled on Union Station to kill time between storms and time to head to the airport. 

After dropping Kelly off I headed home to prep for the interview I had bright and early Tuesday morning.  However, a nap and recovery was needed first.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s